Ardingly, Sussex 1558 to 1812

Details of what records can be found onsite.
The records are available to members only.
Stu in Hastings
Bored Admin
Bored Admin

Ardingly, Sussex 1558 to 1812

Post by Stu in Hastings »

Baptisms from 1558.

"I don't have to look up my family tree because I know that I'm the sap." -- Fred Allen

Stu in Hastings
Bored Admin
Bored Admin

Re: Ardingly, Sussex 1558 to 1812

Richard Kitson being inducted into the parsonage of Erdinlighe the 11th of May, read the articles agreed upon in the convocation holdon at London 1562, the Sonday following.

Witness
Rychard Payne
Garge Lynfilde
John Pylbem
Thomas Bridges
John Bridgis
The X of Roger Comber, Churchwarden.

Sep 16th 1610. John son of Nicholas Chatfeild was baptized at Linfeild because the plague was then in Ardingleigh, and at that time there were no praiers at the Church for two Sundayes.

Mar 7th 1618. John son of John Turner of Westhodeleigh. This child was borne in Westhodeleigh but baptized here, because Mr Teynton, the Vicar of Westhodeleigh, was not at home & the child was in danger of death.

Jun 25th 1620. Jeremie son of John Milles of Horstead Kaines, being a weake childe, in the absene of the minister of Horstead Kaines was baptized in this parish.

Having Received a Certifficate under the hands of divers of the inhabitants of the parish of Ardingley that Thomas Bassett of the said parish, Tayler, is (according to the directions of the late Act of Parliament Intitled and Act touching, Marriages & the Registring thereof, & allso touching Births, & Burialls) elected to be the parish Register for the said parish; I doe heereby signefie & declare, that the said Thomas Basset is by me approved of to have the keeping of the Register books of the said parish, he having taken his Oath before me for the true & Faithfull performance of the said Office according as the said Act Injoyneth him. Witnessed under my hand this 27th daye of February in the yeare of our Lord 1653.
Thomas Challoner.

Sussex. Whereas the Inhabitants of the Parish of Ardingleigh have chosen George Cheesman to be the Register of their said Parish for Marriages & also for births & burialls, according the the late Act & the said George Cheesman having taken his Oath (before me Robert Spence, Esquire, one of the Justices of the Peace within the County of Sussex) faithfully to performe the same: I do therfore hereby declare that I do approve of the said George Cheesman to be Register of the said Parish according to the said Act, In witnesse whereof I the said Justice, have subscribed my name at Neyland the 28th Day of June 1655
Robert Spence

"I don't have to look up my family tree because I know that I'm the sap." -- Fred Allen

Stu in Hastings
Bored Admin
Bored Admin

Re: Ardinly, Sussex 1558 to 1812

Richard Kitson, Parson
John Bursty and John Adkin Churchwardens.

John Pilbem and Richard Crips Churchwardens.

Abraham Nicholas and Richard Willerd Churchwardens.

Richard Teynton, Rector
John Newnam and George Cheesman Churchwardens.

14th Nov 1633
Richard Teynton, Rector
William Nicholas and Richard Fairehall Churchwardens.

27th Oct 1636
Richard Teynton, Rector
Franncis Hamlin and George Poulter Churchwardens

Richard Teynton, rector
Daniel Rogers and William Brooker Churchwardens

Richard Teynton, rector
Richard Alfray and John Jenkins Churchwardens

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Re: Ardinly, Sussex 1558 to 1812

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Thanks Stu - goodness the records are taking the families back a way :D Love to you and DIZZI
:bh

Stu in Hastings
Bored Admin
Bored Admin

This year by an Act of Parliament. It was appointed that the Civil and Ecclesiastical year should both begin on the first of January 1752; and by the same Act, the Stile was altered from the Julian to the Gregorian Account, by the Annihilation of eleven Days in the Month of September 1752, all the intermediate Days from the 2nd of September 1752 to the 14th September 1752 being omitted; so that the old Stile, according to the Julian Account, ceases on the 2nd of September this year, and the new Stile, According to the Gregorian Account, begins on September the 14th this year.

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Thanks Stu, I must admit to forgetting the change from one calendar to the Gregorian one - I had thought it was later.
:bh