Experienced people, what would you guess?

Mary in Oz
Researcher
Researcher

Re: Experienced people, what would you guess?

Post by Mary in Oz »

Hi Eric.. So glad to be of some help.. sorry its not more..keep at it as you are getting little bits which all make a picture.. I wander if you went to Canberra archives and looked at the emigration records they might hold a bit more info..perhaps you could email them and ask if it was worth you making the trip..
You could also go to the War Memorial and see if they can find any war records in case he did get in and become a army cook..

Have you managed to find any Australian relatives..

Keep at it as you are doing well..
Mary

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Eric, what a wonderful story - and all because you kept at it and because our loved Mary (our Lady Mare) is such a great researcher - bless you Mare. If there is anything I can do here in Cranberry Eric, let me know as I can go to the War memorial and the archives and library. Just say and I will try Great news to meet an Aunt :D
:bh

erich

Post by erich »

Hi Mary, it may have only been one piece of information, but it was a crucial piece. I have checked the online military records, which is where I got his enlistment attempt which was not approved on medical grounds. I couldn't find anything else there. I doubt the war memorial records would have any more info, but I should try. I intend to look further at CMF or citizen militia or whatever it was called then. I can just hope somewhere I find a clue that takes me closer to his birth. The only Australian relatives are some of her children and grandchildren, and I think she has all the documentation. I'm hoping she may find something else in the stuff she got when her father died, and which she has still kept. Thanks again.

JAL, thanks for your kind offer. If you can think of anything that might help, I would be very thankful for your assistance, but I'm not sure there is anything at the moment. I think we have looked at immigration before - besides, if he changed his name, that was likely the time he did it. I think I have the army records, and I don't yet know about the CMF. Any suggestions welcome, and I'll let you know if i think of anything. Thanks again.

Q

Post by Q »

Well done Eric and Mary.
How wonderful to break down walls and find an
Aunt at the same time.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.