William Brent's parents and family and his mother Mary Dean

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

William Brent's parents and family and his mother Mary Dean

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Researching for a friend

Can anyone help sort out the Brents please, especially William Brent's parents. Also with the Deans.

Frank Brent born Keighley 1910, married
Mary Elizabeth Dean born Halifax 1907 (both deceased.)

Frank Brent
is born to William Edward 'Brent' ?
and Clara Frank (no problems here)

William Edward 'Brent's mother is Fanny Brent (Brent by birth) no record of a birth cert for William Edward 'Brent' can be found. However in the census for William it states about 1874 Manchester and or Lancashire ??? Some people trees name Williams father as George Willaim Brent but I cant find any reference to this name on any census.

Fanny had a lot of children! One of her lodgers in one census became a Brent and head in the next... maybe she had an aversion to changing her name? She was born abt 1852 Bratton Wiltshire. John Brent and Sarah Wolfe were apparently her parents . And when she was 9 (1861) she appears on a census with her maternal grandparents. (Issac Wolfe and Elizabeth Wolfe)

All of this is fine but the blood line goes through William and I don't know who his father is.... think it might remain a mystery.

Mary Elizabeth Dean

is born to Fred Dean whose mother was Mary Ann Dean and father not named on birth cert. I have a copy and its just blank where the father should be.
Fred Dean appears to have grown up with a family called Crowther and there is a family tree that names George E Crowther as the father although he is married to someone else. Mary Ann lived with her father Alfred Dean and her birth mother was Ruth ?? (have requested her birth cert) but the family disappear for the 1861 census and return in 1871 where Alfred (sometimes dean with an e on the end ) is with a woman called Ann. His daughter to Ruth Mary Ann is there and there are two son in laws by the surname of Scott????? aged 17 and 15 !!!!!! On the next census Alfred is with a woman called Mary and no sign of the Scott boys
Thank you :D
:bh

Q

Re: William Brent's parents and family and his mother Mary D

Post by Q »

JA would love to help but I no longer have a sub on Ancestry.

I have a Dean family from Ovenden, Halifax. Elizabeth Dean
had 2 children out of wedlock, one being a Fred Patchett Dean who died young.
I don't think they are the same family. Elizabeths other child was Evangeline,
my Gt grandmother.
Elizabeth Dean had a sister called Mary Ann Dean, born 1822.

Their parents were Boaz Dean and Hannah Firth.

I wonder if they are related.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Re: William Brent's parents and family and his mother Mary D

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Thanks Q, perhaps LM might have some time once the family are gone. You never know they could be related :D
:bh