Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

i help everyone...why dosnt anyone help me

Rebs
Rebs
Rebs

Re: Beyond the Seas

Post by Rebs »

NICE TRY DIZZ, BUT THAT IS NOT HIM. I BOUGHT THE CERT IMAGE FOR THAT YESTERDAY ONLINE AND IT WAS A DUD - DIFFERENT WIFE (MARRIED LANC'S) AND CHILDREN AND HE HAD NEVER BEEN IN TASMANIA.

Rebs
Rebs
Rebs

Post by Rebs »

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE !!!

Courtesy of Find my Past and free credits I found the petition from Williams mother. Her name was Elizabeth (maiden name unknown) and at the time of the petition which was July, 1836 she had been widowed for about 10 1/2 months. So I am guessing Williams father died approximately September 1835.

William was the youngest of six children and 13 years of age at the time of his conviction. The petition did not give the name of his father or siblings..........bummer !!!
The petition gave her address as 10 Bridge St, Preston. And obviously, since William ended up in Tasmania, the petition was denied.

Now for the frustrating part. Williams father died before civil registration was introduced, and I cannot find a death that might match on either Family Search or the Lanc's Parish Project. Based on the naming pattern of William and Mary, I'm currently working on the line that Williams father was named Joseph, but that may be wrong.

The first born daughter was named Elizabeth, the first son was named Joseph. Second son and daughter were named Michael and Margaret, which are the names of Mary's parents.

If William was born 1823 and there were 5 before him (usually around two years apart)the parents would probably have been married 1808 - 10, so Elizabeth was probably born around 1780 - 85. Not that age is much help if I do not have a maiden name, lol. Still, I have a little more info than what I did a few months back. :)

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

1825 - 1836 - Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project
http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Caton/stpaul/ ... tmlBaptism: 2 Jan 1825 St Paul, Caton, Lancashire, England Sarah Harrison ... Isabella Sharples - Dau of William Sharples & Jane Born: 5 Jun 1824 ... Born: 31 Jan 1825 ..... Born: 15 May 1823 ..... William Leeming - Son of Margaret Leeming ...
1815 - 1836 - Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project
http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Preston/Prest ... 6.htmlBorn: 15 Dec 1815. Abode: Preston ... Baptism: 7 Jan 1816 Holy Trinity, Preston, Lancashire, England William Davidson ...... William Leeming - Child of Benjamin Leeming & Anne Abode: New ...... Baptism: 15 Jan 1823 Holy Trinity, Preston, Lancashire, England Ann Tomlinson ...... Baptised by: C. Barnes Offg Minr Register:
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

West Yorkshire, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1910 about William Leeming
Name: William Leeming
Parish: Halifax, St John the Baptist
Baptism Date: 3 Aug 1828
Father's Name: James Leeming
Mother's name: Elizth Leeming
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

Rebs
Rebs
Rebs

Post by Rebs »

THANKS DIZZI :D

I'm think I may have found Williams parents and siblings. Not certain as there is no concrete evidence, but there are too many coincidences.

Edward Leeming born abt 1780 Chipping, Lanc's. I know william';s father died 1835, but I cannot find a death for any Leeming male that would fit. And there is not a Edward Leeming on the census for Lanc's that fits the criteria either.

Elizabeth Huntington born abt 1885 chipping Lanc's. Cannot find her on the 1841 so it is possible she remarried or died. There are a number of Elizabeth Leemings listed as dying in the 1840's :(

Edward and Elizabeth were married 1808 in Chipping, and had 5 children all born Chipping. They moved to Preston at a later date as this was the address given on the Petition of Clemency submitted by his mother and I have found a couple of the children there as adults. William was born Preston, the youngest of 6 children. His supposed siblings were Isabella, Maria, James, Joseph and Elizabeth.

William's own children were named Elizabeth (for his mother), Margaret and Michael ( for Mary's parents) Joseph and Isabella (possibly named after a favourite brother and sister) William Edward ( named for himself and possible father? ) Mary (after his wife) Esther and last of all Edward.

It's the best I have been able to cme up with and I'm sticking to it for now unless I can find something that discredits my theory, lol