Re: Jones/Maynard

Post by JALimestone Plains »

:bh

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Grrrrrr sorry Wilson, no luck so far with NZ electoral rolls - tried births but NZ site does not always have mother or father listed - only one I could even think may be a possibility is one in 1870 - a Charles Edward 1870/5541 but no idea where the birth is registered.
A flight of fancy - if Edward went after gold in NZ -why did he turn up in Naracoorte to marry Elizabeth?????? is there a link somewhere with the Victorian Goldfields? Where did he come from - butter about the surname being Jones lol What was his age at death?

wilson

Post by wilson »

Ok i will start repying on trying to find thread,.....sorry, guess it should have been here from the start, Dizz and i got carried away :lol:

Now.....where am i up to?

On Edward Jones's death cert
Cause of death...congestion of lungs and Nephritis aged 81

At the bottom it has a box for Relationships
in this is says
Aged of deceased 33

place of marriage...blah blah

spouse Elizabeth Maynard

Now here is the question?

Does that age of deceased relate to Elizabeth?
I think it does, and that she died when she was 33......this is the age of her
youngest child,.......so maybe died in childbirth. Anyway, i have found a
death for an Elizabeth Jones in 1874,( the year he daughter was born, and the
year Elizabeth would have been 33)

I have applied for that death cert to see if it is her. So fingers crossed i am on a winner there.
May you always have love to share
Health to spare
And friends that care

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Wilson, looks like it couldbe Elizabeth - did it say which area it was? Looking forward to the certificte coming :D

wilson

Post by wilson »

No JA, just a NZ death for that year.......bit of a stab in the dark, but looks hopeful to me :D
May you always have love to share
Health to spare
And friends that care

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

SORRY THAT WAS ME CONFUSING THINGS
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

i help everyone...why dosnt anyone help me

Mary in Oz
Researcher
Researcher

Post by Mary in Oz »

This is a site Ihave just found..dont know if it is any good but worth a try for those searching New Zealsnd rellies..

http://www.familylink.com/ppc/?ss=new%2 ... pgodggn0PQ
Mary

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

THIS CONTADICS JONES/MAYNARD
Henry DORRELL 1824-1909 & Eliza MAYNARD 1833-1903
Buckinghamshire, England; Tasmania, Digby, Victoria & Naracoorte, South Australia

Henry DORRELL, b. 1824 Buckinghamshire, England, son of Henry DORRELL & Susannah DAVIS.

A Henry DORRELL was married at Digby, Victoria in 1853 to Eliza MAYNARD, b. 1833 Sevenoaks, Kent, England, daughter of Charles MAYNARD and Martha LEE.

This 1853 marriage at Digby cannot be located in the Victorian Pioneers Index. A number of early events do not appear in the Indexes. South Australia is where the first children were born before the family moved back to Victoria.

There was a Henry DORRELL was convicted in the Oxfordshire Quarter Sessions and sentenced to transportation for 7 years. He was transported to Van Diemen's Land on the "Henrietta", arriving at Hobart Town in November, 1843. He appears to have done his time and crossed to Victoria in 1852.

There was also a Henry DORRELL, agricultural labourer, aged 24y who arrived in Adelaide on the "Omega" in 1851.

Which Henry DORRELL had the following family?

Eliza MAYNARD arrived in Victoria Nov 1852 on the "Helen" along with her family.

Eliza died at Tower Hill in 1903 and Henry at Yarpturk in 1909 and they are both buried in the Tower Hill Cemetery.

Henry DORRELL & Eliza MAYNARD married at Digby in 1853 and had the following known children...

Phoebe Ann DORRELL b. 1854, Naracoorte, South Australia, m. ? Alexander GUNN;
Florence Martha DORRELL b. 1855, Naracoorte, South Australia, d. 1923, m. 1883 to Philip TESTER 1851-1911 and had children in the Naracoorte area;
Alice Elizabeth DORRELL b. 1857, Naracoorte, South Australia, d. 1924, m. John CHAFFEY 1843-1909;
Henry Ernest DORRELL b. 1858, Naracoorte, South Australia, d. 1940, m. Harriet RULE;
Charles Maynard DORRELL b. 1860, Naracoorte, South Australia, d. 1938, Adelaide, SA;
Ann Beasley DORRELL b. 1862 Wartook (Grampians), Vic, d. 1904, m. James FISHER;
Ada Jane DORRELL b. 1864 Mountt Cole, Vic, d. NSW, m. John HAVARD;
William Thomas DORRELL b. 1866 Charlton, Vic, d. 1897, Tibooburra, NSW;
Agnes Edith DORRELL b. 1868 Raglan, Vic, d. 1960, m. James Ulysses SARLL 1865-1934;
Edith Eliza DORRELL b. 1871 Beaufort, Vic, d. 1902, m. Alexander McCOLL 1864-1910;
male DORRELL b. 1873;
Millicent Margaret DORRELL b. 1874 Charlton, Vic, d. 1939, m. Alexander Anderson ANDREW 1865-1941,
Alfred Henry DORRELL b. 1875 Yarpturk, Vic, d. 1922, Sydney, NSW, m. Florence PASKIN;
Walter Frank DORRELL b. 1877 Yarpturk, Vic, d. 1943, m. Rachel Greenwood BONNETT 1880-1961.

Daryl Povey

Links to..

Digby Pioneer Names

Hotspur Pioneer Names

Merino Pioneer Names

Sandford Pioneer Names

Digby Main Page

HOME
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

Mary in Oz
Researcher
Researcher

Post by Mary in Oz »

Wilson Where did you get the info re the passage out to OZ and the passsenger list..for the Maynard family
Mary

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

MARY FOUND THIS
Queensland School Pupils Index, Part 1 Transcription
Last Name: Maynard First Name: Charles School Name: Milora State School Date: 1873 Source: Harrisville State School Centenary 1891-1991 Reference: page 45 Collections from: Australasia Country: Australia State: Queensland Category: Education & work Record collection: Schools & education Record set: Queensland school pupils © Queensland Family History Society Inc

COULD IT BE SON THAT WAS THOUGHT DEAD
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR