Valerie Cox nee Buckingham 23 July 1944 Lost in Australia

Mary in Oz
Researcher
Researcher

Re: Valerie Cox nee Buckingham 23 July 1944 Lost in Australi

Post by Mary in Oz »

Had a look JA and only found one in Kalgoolie and one tasmania...Dont think it is ours..dont know about divorces,,new one on me.. :roll:
Mary

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Thanks LM for looking - hope you are feeling a bit better this afternoon :bk I think that I will have to look at the SMH in the reading room of NLA - it's a while since I searched the microfiche of newspapers -so another learning experience. I did manage to email one scan of the electoral roll home to day which pleased me :lol: :lol:

New free index - not complete but worth a look -mainly NSW.

http://www.ryersonindex.org
:bh

Mary in Oz
Researcher
Researcher

Post by Mary in Oz »

JA Had a look at the Ryerson Index and there are a few Michael Cox.. There is one Hugh Adrian(Michael) Cox died 21/11/1981 in Girraween which is very near Engadine its in the Sydney Morning Herlad 25/11/1981

There are a few more to see but when filling in the search boxes just put in Michael Cox and nothing else. You get more hits..
The good thing is they give you the paper and date it was in..helps with the searching..

Good luck..
Mary

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Thanks LM - looked at those, I just put Cox in to see if I could pick up either Michael ot Valerie - no luck. The Cox in the white pages on the same road came up on the electoraal rolls as a butcher - and i did call him, gruff no go lol. I have found a M Cox in the white pages at 37 Boundary Rd, Heathcote, might try that now that I know Heathcote is an area they lived in. Called and they are not related - and wished me luck in my search.

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

DID VALERIE HAVE ANY BROTHERS OR SISTERS
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

i help everyone...why dosnt anyone help me

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

LONG SHOT MAYBE RELATED
JOEY COX FROM ENGADNE UNDER 13 CRICKET
PERHAPS GRA NDSON
http://ssjca.com.au/latest/?p=1003
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

i help everyone...why dosnt anyone help me

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

THANKS DIZZI THERE ARE A LOT OF COXS IN THE AREA - I HAVE PHONED TWO BUT NO LUCK. I NEED TO ASK MY MOTHER IF THERE WERE BROTHERS OR SISTERS. I THINK NOT BUT SHE COULD HAVE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION THEM. ALSO WILL ASK HER THE MAIDEN NAME OF HER MOTHER. I WILL SEARCH ON OTHER BIRTHS AROUND THE 1944 - SHOULD ALOS PICK UP HER MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME. :bk

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Ok, thinking cap went on (it must have been hiding in the corner this last couple of weeks :roll: )

My mother said that Charles Buckingham (Valerie's father ) - her 1st cousin was married to a Gladys - she did not know of any other children other than Valerie, that fine memory of hers for family history is a little less sharp at present.

I have found a marriage of a Charles R Buckingham to a Gladys M High, Sept qtr 1939 - Willesden. Three births Buckingham and mother's maiden name High - there are two for Valerie J Buckingham in 1944 - but her record of immigration to Australia in the national archives has her birth as July 1944 - the two records have one birth June qtr 1944 and one Sept qtr 1944 - the latter with mother's maiden name High - so I think we have her - birth Hendon.

There is David C Buckingham Sept qtr 1940 Hendon, mother's maiden name High and a Robert W Buckingham March qtr 1946. So I think they are Valerie's brothers.

Now to see if I can find marriages for the boys.

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Found a marriage for a David C Buckingham Willesden, Sept qtr 1962 - pretty sure it is him - to an Amelia Dos-Santos. A birth in Sheppey Kent of a Paula louise June qtr 1966 mother Dos Santos, adn a marriage for a Paula L Buckingham, Swale Kent, Sept 1987 to a Paul Jeffrey. I wonder if that is the Paul on GR? have you heard form him yet DIZZI? Maybe I should contact him directly.

Mary in Oz
Researcher
Researcher

Post by Mary in Oz »

I'm lost..but will have another go.. :lol:
Mary