LIST OF NAMES ON OUR TREES

Tony Oz

Re: LIST OF NAMES ON OUR TREES

Post by Tony Oz »

Panda. To really understand Aussie Index's ( Spelling ) you need a degree in Phonics. I dont have a degree meself....but i'm sure i coud get one if i tried....lolol

Aussie index's are chockas full with spelling errors ( fact )...lol

I cant find an Edward or E. or a Mr NOTT coming into any port in Oz that fits in with his birth age.
The best i can find is (below ) but i cant give a 100% that its him mate.

He may have settled in Sydney after arriving ( or Melb ) and then finds his way to Q.L.D to marry in 1885

**Assisted immigrants arriving in Sydney**
Arriving N.S.W ( Sydney )Travelling alone.

KNOTT Edward age 23 Ship: Lochee Year:1878 Ref:2141, 2489

If age is correct 1878 minus 23 = birth c.1854 Plus/minus

Seeing as this bloke was traveling alone......a possibility...... meybe.
Do not go where the path may lead,go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

MacPanda
Board Buddy
Board Buddy

Post by MacPanda »

The birth year I have for Edward is 1853 Tony....No Henry with him then?
Back to square one again....I need to check the UK Census records again.
Really do have to look at my filing system.....*think I have heard that before* :rolf :rolf :rolf
ImageImage

MacPanda
Board Buddy
Board Buddy

Post by MacPanda »

Tony it isn't the right Edward mate I found him and Henry in 1881
Edward is living and working as a bricklayers labourer 26 Upper Highgate St, Warwickshire age 28 single living with the Howes family. John Howes is the Bricklayer.

Henry along with his brother William and mother Mary are living with his married sister Mary Ann Pennington and her husband is William J Pennington a bricklayer. Henry is a labourer and William is a painter. living at 2 Princes St., Kings Norton, Worcestershire.

So they are all there in 1881 and Henry and William are in Kings Norton Worcestershie together.

I wonder if the 3 of them came out together in 1882
Both Mum and Auny Norma were told the story about the coats and honesty system in Melbourne but just because the story was about Henry and his brother doesn't mean the 3rd one wasn't there just not in the shop :?:

I am going ga ga Tony :rolf I think I will call it a night :rolf

Thanks for putting up with my rambling mate night night.
ImageImage

Tony Oz

Post by Tony Oz »

Hi Panda. Sorry mate........just read your last post.

So if Edward was on the 1881.......and married in Q.L.D 1885 ...then hes arrived somewheres in between....and not the Edward Knott ( arriving 1878 )..i thought

I was going to ask if you knew if he was in England and on the 1881.

Did Edward have a second name mate......like Edward james or Edward patrick....or sumpin?....do you know.
Do not go where the path may lead,go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

MacPanda
Board Buddy
Board Buddy

Post by MacPanda »

Nah Tone they all had just their one Christian name.......why would their parents want to make it easy for usses :no

Take that back if they name the girl after the mother weeeellll the kid gets a second Christian name then :D that makes it easy for themsssss :D :D
ImageImage

Tony Oz

Post by Tony Oz »

Butter....lol

Thought he may have travelled under a second name...lol

Can only give you my thoughts mate....Many shipping immigration/passenger list are still an ongoing thing, and from what i have been told and/or read, they are not complete by no means, and still work in progress. ( Transcribed ) hence not being able to find certain peeps.

I know from some previous early shipping immigration records,( also from the more pro geno's ) and my own experience over the years, that many trade type peeps would travel to certain country's......check things out ( work wise and living wise ) then travel back to the U.K....and turn up on certain census records ( in between Census years ) after already been O/seas.....thus making peeps think that they never left the U.K to travel O/seas until certain years.

So i haffta ask, are you 100% sure that the Edward NOTT you found on the 1881 is your Edward.

The reason i ask, is because i have found this ( below ) and just a coincidence that this chap was a passenger from Brisbane to Sydney in 1879.
Of course...he may have been on his way back to the U.K after checking out work and living conditions in Oz.? ( in Laymans terms.......tells his siblings...who are also Trade type peeps....Yep, theres work for us in Aussie land.....Lets go......lol )

He also may not be your Edward NOTT..( but this Edward was coming from Q.L.D ( strange ) and have to check all possibles, and as a budding geno, i gotta have an open mind. Its 10 years between U.K census, and lots can happen in 10 years.

5th Passenger,
Ship:KATOOMBA
STEAMSHIP OF SYDNEY, J MCLEAN, MASTER, BURTHEN 489 TONS
FROM THE PORT OF BRISBANE TO SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES, 7TH MARCH 1879
Passengers, among others:
RUTLEDGE WILLIAM REV......PASSENGER CABIN
FORSYTHE JAS.................PASSENGER CABIN
KIRK JOSEPH...................PASSENGER CABIN
THREDGOLD ALBERT..........PASSENGER CABIN
NOTT EDWARD................PASSENGER CABIN

Anyway.....worth some thought.......might be an idea to copy/paste into a likkle black book for future ref.

MacPanda
Board Buddy
Board Buddy

Post by MacPanda »

Anything is possible Tony.... :wink:

If he came for a look see and then went home and told them how great it was out here that may explain why

15th May 1880 Emma Nott arrived Maryborough on Silver Eagle
12th Dec 1883 William and Agnes Nott arrived Maryborough on Merkara
30th Jan 1883 Fanny Nott arrived Maryborough on Melpomene

Emma and Fanny being their sisters.

So Edward may have been the runner who checked it all out.

1887 Henry arrived in Maryborough on the Duke of Sutherland

So if Edward was the runner and took his sister Emma with him and left here behind in Queensland with a job then he may have gone back to UK to get Henry or just back to Melbourne via Sydney to wait for them or all 4 of them to come over and Henry could have stayed in Melbourne looking for work while the others headed for Queensland..................hell you could go round in circles with this one for ever Tony... :rolf :rolf
ImageImage

MacPanda
Board Buddy
Board Buddy

Post by MacPanda »

Oh and I have copied pasted and printed that info for further use Tone...thank you mate.
ImageImage

MacPanda
Board Buddy
Board Buddy

Post by MacPanda »

Tony I think I know why all the kids came to Australia in 1882 Their mother died in Jan, Feb, March quarter 1882 in Kings Norton 6c 243 ... so it looks like all the single kids (except William who married first) must have headed over here.
ImageImage

Tony Oz

Post by Tony Oz »

Hi Panda. My Q.L.D cd digger Index...for BDM's **1829 to 1889** shows
( just out of interest )

Marriages...NOTT....15 of.....earliest 1867 ( Charles )

Births........NOTT....64 of.....earliest 1864 ( Elizabeth jane )

Deaths.......NOTT....16 of.....earliest 1865 ( Elizabeth jane )

If you need any other NOTT family....BDM's in any state, just let me know mate.

Other NOTT marriages on cd for Q.L.D...are:
Charles 1867
John 1869
William 1871
Elizabeth crofton 1873
Caroline louisa 1875
William cleeton 1877
John 1879
Emma 1882
Alan herbert 1883
Fanny 1885
Edward 1885
Arthur windermere 1886
Wiliam 1886
Olive 1886
William 1888

Possible all family.....lol ( cousins or sumpin...who knows.? )