Dizzi aka Gwen

A place to remember loved ones.
Please keep the garden tidy.
Q

Re: Dizzi aka Gwen

Post by Q »

I will be thinking about you and Diziz today Stu.

A very sad day for you and Dizzi's family.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Q

Post by Q »

Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly,
in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
you did not go alone;
for part of us went with you
the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories,
your love is still our guide,
and though we cannot see you,
you are always by our side.
Our family chain is broken
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.

Ron Tranmer
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Thank you Q

Love, prayers and upholding you Stu. Will be with you at 9 pm our time noon your time as you farewell our Dizz xxxx
:bh

Yvonne from Oz

Post by Yvonne from Oz »

reminds me of one of Dizzi's sketches. :bk

Letitia

Post by Letitia »

Today I was honoured to join Dizzi’s family, neighbours & friends celebrating her life.
I managed to sing most of ‘Morning has Broken’, but whilst listening to Eva Cassidy sing ‘Somewhere over the Rainbow’ & looking at that ‘box thingy’ with the trees & flowers my eyes did water rather badly. The celebrant was talking about someone called Gwendoline Margaret, but it was Our Dizzi’s story, he had been pointed towards the GR thread & several postings were read out.
I met many who I only knew as names, it was good to put faces to those names. (Even the one who thought I was not real, just a cardboard cut out)I was amazed at how her elder Grandchildren had grown since I last saw them & meet little Maisie.
God Bless Dizzi, now residing over that rainbow.

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Thank you L, a few tears here as I read you message. It sounds like the best of earthly send offs. :bk
To Stu :bk
:bh

Yvonne from Oz

Post by Yvonne from Oz »

Thank you Letitia for sharing with us - although separated by many miles our hearts were with you today.

White Knight
Bored Admin
Bored Admin

Post by White Knight »

I hope you dont mind me posting the following here, but it's something I posted on another site, that lets you know how things went.

I'm back from saying my last words to a very good friend.
I know Dizzi would be very proud of her family & friends today. It was just the way Dizzi would have wanted to be.

The service was lovely & could not have been any better than it was. While trying to be strong for another person, I confess I had tears in my eyes a couple of times.
I would like you to know, that some of the postings from this thread, were read out in a short part of the service, & it was said we are all sad & will all miss Dizzi very much not only as a friend but also a well thought of genealogist who was known in other countries as well as this one. Dizzi had loads of wonderful flowers attributed to her with some really lovely messages from people.

Thank you to all who have posted here & will continue to do so, it has not gone unnoticed by Paul & the rest of his family & friends. I know it has comforted them to know we all thought so well of Dizzi

I agree with all PricklyHolly said, & yes the sun shone down on Dizzi today & it's only right it did.

It was nice to see Dizzi's family, Stu, Carol P & PricklyHolly

Gwen will never be forgotten in this household she was indeed a very good friend to both of us, & will be missed very much.

Good night my friend
White Knight

Stu in Hastings
Bored Admin
Bored Admin

Post by Stu in Hastings »

Thank you Letitia and White Knight.

For a sad day day it went well, the sun was shining, a good number of family and friends in attendance.

The music playing when we entered the chapel was 'Played a live' by Safri Duo a modern club piece of music with a good drum beat to it. It was the sort of music Dizz liked when her legs weren't talking to her brain, she always said the drum beat got her legs back in to sync.

Had tears in my eye's when the casket came in, it was beautiful. It had a bluebell wood printed the full length of it, something I know Dizz would have approved of.

If it hadn't been for Dizzi's family and friends being there, when the name Gwendoline was mentioned I would have thought I was in the wrong chapel. I'm so used to everyone calling her Dizz or Dizzi.

As has been said already 'Somewhere over the rainbow' by Eva Cassidy was played to quiet sobbing and sniffling coming from more than just me.

Made me smile a bit when the celebrant mentioned the track at the end of the service. He said Dizz loved it played at full volume in the car with the windows right down. Grandchildren in the back complaining it was too loud.
On a day when the sun is out, not a cloud in the sky, you can't play 'Mr Blue Sky' at anything less than full volume can you?

I think Dizz would have liked the service and all the beautiful floral tributes.

It was nice to talk to Dizzi's family, Ron, CarolP, Prickles and CarolB. And also to meet the lovely little Maisey.

Paul, Nicky and Lee have asked me to pass on their thanks, for the cards, flowers and such lovely comments posted on-line. It has meant such a lot to them, to know Dizz had so many good friends.

Sleep well my good friend, you will be forever in my heart.

"I don't have to look up my family tree because I know that I'm the sap." -- Fred Allen

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

I live on

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

Don't cry for me in sadness; don't weep for me in sorrow,
For I will be beside you, as sure as comes tomorrow.
My body has gone but my spirit lives on, as does my love for you.
Just as in life. I'll watch over you, I always will be true.
My blood lives on in my children, how I've watched them grow up with pride.
I'll live on within them, always by their side.
I know my jokes weren't always funny and jobs weren't always done.
Just try and always remember the good times, the days when we had fun.
Reach out if you need me, for I will always be near.
Just talk to me, as if I am there, I promise I will hear.
For I'll live on, with in your mind, we'll never be apart,
As long as you keep my memory, deep within your heart.
So lift up your hearts, don't be sad, my spirit hasn't gone.
While your still there, so am I, I really will live on
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

i help everyone...why dosnt anyone help me