Australian Arrival look up needed

Please supply as much information as you have.
If you are replying and got the information of the web please could you give them copy right info at the bottom of your post.
CarolB

Australian Arrival look up needed

Post by CarolB »

Hi there

I wonder if someone could help me with this;

Name: C Cattermull
Estimated birth year: abt 1881
Port of Departure: London Via Melbourne and Adelaide
Port of Arrival: Sydney, New South Wales
Voyage Arrival Date: 23 Jan 1899
Vessel Name: Langton Grange
Origin Location: British

This is the info I have been given for a Cedric Charles Cattermull biirth year is correct.......I am not sure if this is the same C Cattermull listed above but most likely as I cannot find him here in England at this date (I do have all the rest ie marriage, birth, death, etc)...I can't find him on Ancestry either, unless I am looking in the wrong place.
Can anyone find any info on him on arrival or ships log etc with image would be a bonus please. I know he joined the navy here back in England in 1902 so he didnt stay long and perhaps journeyed around??
Thanks in advance
:D
xxxx
CarolB

CarolB

Re: Australian Arrival look up needed

Post by CarolB »

I have found what I was looking for, yes he did do a few trips between Sidney and Brisbane but I yet have to find him coming back into England before 1902 when he joined the navy and did still more trips.
Thanks for anyone who tried to look it up for me.
:D
xxxx
CarolB

JALimestone Plains
Researcher
Researcher

Post by JALimestone Plains »

Carol, I cannot find anything on Find My past - where did you find the previous records you mention in your last post?
:bh

CarolB

Post by CarolB »

Hi Ja

I got all the info of his travels from Ancestry...and the images...........I found it on Ancestry finally :D

Not surprised I can't find him coming back into England though as we have such bad records on the to-ing and fro-ing of peeps from abroad :roll: but our parish registers arent bad :D

Thanks JA
xxxx
CarolB

Tony Oz

Post by Tony Oz »

Hi Carolb.

There are articles in QLD newspapers regarding a Henry Albert Cattermull.
You can also type into search box just the surname, and it will list all articles written with reference to Cattermull.

http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/se ... Cattermull+

Tony
Do not go where the path may lead,go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

CarolB

Post by CarolB »

Hi Tony

Yes thank you, I stumbled around and found some whilst I was hunting around but I shall look into the link and see if I can gleam any more....sorry I was getting breakfast so did not answer sooner.
Panda is kindly going to look up some info in Brisbane when she goes too on Henry Albert...he did well for himself whilst he was out there.
It is funny but Henry and his sister were the only Cattermulls to venture out and about in the world on the tree line...he to Australia and the sister to Canada, all the rest stayed at home. Right time, right place.

Thanks again, off to explore

regards
Carol

wow Tony thank you so much, there is lots more than I expected and even his Will...thank you so much again, I have made a note of the addy for future reference.
xxxx
CarolB

Tony Oz

Post by Tony Oz »

Your welcome.

Glad it was of some help.
Do not go where the path may lead,go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

MacPanda
Board Buddy
Board Buddy

Post by MacPanda »

Carol I've copied and pasted the info you want so will print it out and take it with me and I will try and get to the State Library (which isn't far from Mum's unit really ) between visiting Mum in hospital and running her errands... :D

I've got a cousin well son of a cousin who works there somewhere so will hunt him out and he can help me :D
Not sure if that will succeed though he has managed to duck me when I ask him to look up stuff on my Roy Campbell but I think everyone does now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: such an annoying grandfather to go and disappear like he did, he truly didn't want to be found :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage