Thai Grilled Beef

REGIONAL COOKING

HEAD CHEF SAM X CERTIFICATE
Princess DIY

Thai Grilled Beef

Post by Princess DIY »

Serves 6 as entree

1 or 2 long red chillies finely chopped. (you may add one to meat mixture and finely slice one to place on top of cooked dish)
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon Kecap Manis
1/4 lime juice
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tablespoon grated Palm sugar ( or substitute with brown sugar)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
500g rump Steak, trimmed and sliced into thin strips or cooked as one piece of meat and sliced after cooking- we prefer slices)
canola oil cooking spray
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/2 cup fresh Thai Basil leaves (torn ) - optional but does make a difference to end taste
1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts , chopped

1. Finely chop 1 chilli. Place chopped chilli, fish sauce, kecap manis , lime juice, garlic , sugar and oil in a jug, whisk to combine. Pour half the mixture into a large shallow ceramic dish. cover and refrigerate remaining mixture. Add beef to ceramic dish turning to coat. refrigerate for 3 hours.
2.Heat BBQ plate or chargrill, spray with a small amount of oil. Cook beef, do not turn too much it needs to cook quickly without "stewing" needs to be "medium". If cooking as whole rump piece cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium, transfer to a plate. cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest, then thinly slice.
3. Place beef on platter, sprinkle with coriander, basil, peanuts and sliced chilli ( if you prefer - its too hot for us). Drizzle with remaining sauce mixture. Serve - (usually I do bok choy,snow peas, spring onions lightly stir fried and basmati rice as accompaniment, however guys just like the meat!)
Live Simply, so others may Simply Live.

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Re: Thai Grilled Beef

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

OOOOOOOOOOO
SOUNDS YUMMY
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

i help everyone...why dosnt anyone help me