Useful Free software

Stu in Hastings
Bored Admin
Bored Admin

Useful Free software

Post by Stu in Hastings »

Good browsers,

IE7pro includes Tabbed Browsing Management, Spell Check, Inline Search, Super Drag Drop, Crash Recovery, Proxy Switcher, Mouse Gesture, Tab History Browser, Web Accelerator, User Agent Switcher, Webpage Capturer, AD Blocker, Flash Block, Greasemonkey like User Scripts platform, User Plug-ins and many more power packed features. You can customize not just Internet Explorer, but even your favorite website according to your need and taste using IE7Pro.

Firefox Phishing Protection has been added to Firefox's existing protection against spyware, viruses and pop-ups.

Firewalls.
Zonealarms. a better firewall than the basic Windows based fire wall. You might also consider a Cookie wall which can block any cookie, but please remember that some cookies are harmless and only store login information for one particular site, like the ones from this site.

Antivirus.
AGV a good antivirus program which is free.

Antispyware.
Adaware Incremental Threat Updates, Prevents Browser Hijacking, TrackSweep, Easy-To-Use Interface, Full-Feature Quarantine, System Restore Point, User-Controlled Spyware Removal.

Windows defender Microsoft's own antispyware, also available here for those of you who have a problem with the authentication side of Microsoft.

AGV Antispyware

System optimization.
CCleaner is a freeware PC optimization tool.
It combines a system cleaner that removes unused and temporary files from your system and also a fully featured registry cleaner!
CCleaner allows Windows to run faster, more efficiently and gives you more hard disk space.

Hope someone finds this useful.

"I don't have to look up my family tree because I know that I'm the sap." -- Fred Allen

geniedi

Post by geniedi »

Hello Stu,

I'm sure it was you who posted a good little tool to resize images that appeared on the right click.

I'll keep loooking around to see if I can find it.

Dizzi R.I.P.
Dizzi Admin
Dizzi Admin

Post by Dizzi R.I.P. »

RIGHT CLICK ON PICTURE

AMONG OPTIONS A RESIZE
Dizzi
sUpEr AdmiNiStRaToR

i help everyone...why dosnt anyone help me

geniedi

Post by geniedi »

Hi Gwen,

Thanks I found the download info on the photography thread.

D x